Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Man... I feel so dumb.

My eye's been sore for the last couple days and today it was just driving me nuts. So I got a flashlight and shone it in and was looking at my eyelid in the mirror and I noticed it was really red and puffy and that there was a hole in it... I figured I'd had a stye in my eye and it probably popped and gooshed the guck out.

Either that, or the thing that flew up off the floor and bashed me in the eye the other day was imbedded in my eyelid...

Turns out that I've got a hole in both eyelids. They're my friggin tear ducts. Sigh..

Yes, Brock the bio geek didn't even know what a tear duct looked like. I always thought they were in that red gooky part near your nose on the inside of your eye (not the eyeball, but in the actually corners of your eye, not on the eyelid).

Dumb dumb dumb dumb...

Granted, I've had a bad relationship with my tear ducts since I was a wee little thing. I had to have surgery on them when I was a baby/infant/toddler thing... they got all blocked up. So I haven't spent much time investigating them since...

No comments: