Monday, August 29, 2005

What to play when the hurricane hits...

After an aborted attempt to visit the local wading pool, Garrett & I hit the Milton Mall for some retail therapy. Thankfully, that consisted of getting some munchies for our upcoming vacation at Bulk Barn and a Sudoku book to take on my trip to Manitoulin Island next week.

A new game & miniatures store opened up in the mall so I had to pop in. They had a pretty decent selection of RPG's but there were too many figurines. Ah well.

I did pick up the Munchkin card game. I figure that I've already shown my friends all of my videogames and I'm even starting to get sick of them sometimes (the games, not my friends) so now we have something else to play.

"Go down in the dungeon. Kill everything you meet. Backstab your friends and steal their stuff. Grab the treasure and run.

[Munchkin] captures the essence of the dungeon experience . . . with none of that stupid roleplaying stuff. You and your friends compete to kill monsters and grab magic items. And what magic items! Don the Horny Helmet and the Boots of Butt-Kicking. Wield the Staff of Napalm . . . or maybe the Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment. Start by slaughtering the Potted Plant and the Drooling Slime, and work your way up to the Plutonium Dragon . . .
"



Plus you can play cards when the power goes out, as it inevitably will on Wednesday when Hurricane Katrina hits.

---
What I'm Reading: Night Watch (Yay! Pratchett!)
What I'm Playing: WoW, Dungeon Siege 2, Pandora's Box, Geist
What I'm Watching: UHF

No comments: