Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Tough Choices, At Least For Me

I went out to Guelph today with Garrett to see A Very Long Engagement at the Bookshelf for their Diaper matinee.

Alas, there was no parking anywhere near the venue. Sure, there was a half-empty parking lot RIGHT NEXT TO THE BUILDING, but there was a security guard from the Royal Bank standing in the middle of the parking lot to ensure that only banking-related parking happened there.

Ah well. I'll just wait for the movie to come out on DVD in a few months.

Anyway, instead of going to the movies, Garrett & I went down to the mall and I traded in a bunch of games and pre-ordered Xenosaga 2, Jade Empire (Limited Edition) and also had enough credit left over to get Second Sight (Xbox) and Harvest Moon (Cube).

Now here's where the tough choices came in. Since I had no money, I had to trade in some games. Alas, I'd already traded in all of my b-list games back when I got my PS2 replaced.

So I have to say a profound sorry to Noel & Yvette and also to Grant who probably wanted to borrow a bunch of these games, but I traded in Fable, KOTOR 1 & 2, San Andreas and RE4. I got $150 credit for them though, so that was nice.

I figure that while I loved each and every one of those games, I did finish them all as well and I may as well trade them in for some good credit while they're still worth a pretty penny. I'll probably get them again in a year or so once the new systems are released and all of these games are greatest hits and only $19. That'll be my collection building phase. But for now they were just sitting on my shelf, gathering dust.

The nice thing about trading in games like those is that they will definately be around in a year or so if I decide to go get them again for my permenant collection. Games like Katamari Damacy or Nocturne or Rez though... they tend to disappear once you buy them the first time, so I never trade them in. The wierder and more Japanese the game is, the less likely you'll find it 6 months after release.

---
What I'm Reading: The Ultimates: Vol. 1
What I'm Playing: Thief 3, Nocturne
What I'm Watching: My Xenosaga pre-order DVD with all 4+ hours of cinematics from the first Xenosaga! Woo!

No comments: