Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Speaking of oppressive governments, Republic is getting pretty cool.

I got a chuckle out of the game today. There I was, saviour of the masses, holding a big feel-good rally on one end of town. Woo woo... Go Spig!

Meanwhile, across town, my 'debt collectors' [aka the Goon Squad] paid a poor schmuck a visit to get him to donate to the cause.

First the goons got into an arguement with the guy. Then, somehow, they convinced him to hand over some cash and then his credit card. Then they had fun with him by playing keepaway with his credit card for a while.

I kept checking up on the Goons whilst basking in the adulation of the crowd at my rally in the park. I figured they'd just take some cash from the guy and that would be that.

Imagine my surprise when I check in to see what the Goons are doing only to see them carting off several large computer monitors out of the schmuck's house and into a waiting van. The poor guy was standing on his front lawn, watching them carrying away his prized possessions and he just broke down crying.

Man, politics is fun :)

No comments: