Thursday, September 18, 2003

Woo hoo.

I was able to get most of my equipment for my super special project today on the way home from my training course.

What is the super special project? Why, mounting bugs on styrofoam, of course.

I've got a freezer full of insects and Julie is going to start either chucking them out or baking something out of them.

Should be a fun day tomorrow. I think most of Milton thinks I'm a freak though. I went to about 4 different stores looking for pins the right size in order to mount the insects. The conversations went like this.

"I'm looking for straight pins."

"Straight pins?"

"Yeah. I'm mounting bugs on styrofoam and I need some pins to stick them there."

"Er..."

"The bugs are already dead. Don't worry."

"Er... I think we might have some down that aisle... If not, get out of our store, er, I mean, try the craft store on the other side of the mall (you freak)."

That's about it. I don't know why I thought that explaining that I was skewering bugs to styrofoam would magically clear everything up. Of course, I also had to tell the people at Home Hardware the details of my project so I could select the proper bug varnish...

*sigh*

No comments: