Sunday, December 07, 2008

You Know You're A Parent When...

Your kid gets a new game/toy and you have absolutely NO idea about the first thing about it.

Garrett has recently been yammering about Bakugan toys. Being the otaku that I am, I know that there is an anime about these toys but I have never watched it and have not the slightest clue about what it is or how you play with them.

We picked up a Bakugan toy for Garrett today while we were out and while it's kind of cool (it's like a little plastic marble with a magnet that will make it pop open if you roll it on metal) I still haven't any idea about how the game is supposed to work.

I decided to take a look on the Bakugan website tonight to see if it made any sense. I challenge anyone to read these rules and explain them in a way that an adult can understand. Yeesh. If a 6 year old can master that minutae, they can probably find a way to balance the budget and make chocolate fall from the sky.

No comments: