Thursday, July 03, 2008

When Good Deeds Go Bad

We got home from our walk around town this afternoon (I had to take the Saturn into the shop to see if they could extricate the weasel that has wrapped itself around my engine) and Garrett wanted to play in the backyard.

No problem, I thought...

The basketball net in the backyard had tipped over so I tried to stand it up. When I did so, I noticed that there was a wasp flying around near where the kids would be playing. Not wanting my wee ones to get stung, I took off my hat and gave it a swat.

That's when the screaming started.

It turns out that my well-intentioned swatting ended up sending the wasp on a trajectory right into the collar of Garrett's shirt. It took far too long to figure out a) why he was screaming and b) where the wasp was. We eventually got the wasp out but by then Garrett had been stung not once, not twice, but six times.

Poor guy. At least I know he's not allergic to wasp stings! I figure that since he's running around and being his usual self and the fact that the sting areas aren't swelling very much means he'll be fine.

No comments: