Sunday, May 11, 2008

Don't Leave The House For Mother's Day!

First off, I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day today.

I've noticed that today seems to be the strangest Mother's Day I've experienced. It seems like if things can go wrong today, they will. Maybe Murphy didn't get his mom a card :)

We were on our way to church this morning and were about a block and a half away when Garrett blew chunks all over the backseat... 2-3 times in a row.

We got him cleaned up, stopped off at church long enough for me to make sure that the multimedia stuff was up and running and then headed home to clean him and the car up properly.

Garrett has been running a fever since last night (ranging between 99-101F). You can tell he's sick because he has actually slept at times during the last few days and isn't bouncing around nearly as much as usual. Hopefully he'll kick this bug soon!

While I was at church, I talked briefly to the worship leader and he was telling me that he hit a deer on the way down to church first thing this morning. Thankfully there was just some cosmetic damage to his car (though it sounds like the deer will be feeding the vultures soon) as it could have been much worse for him.

I was also talking to my mom this afternoon and she was telling me about a whole confluence of events at their church that threatened to derail the service. Their organist got hurt and couldn't make it in, the choir couldn't sing because they didn't know what they were singing, the sound system didn't work... CRAZY!

Things seem to be calming down now though. Hopefully everyone who was hurt or sick today will get over it and be a-ok soon!

No comments: