Sunday, October 14, 2007

Must Think Happy Thoughts

Well, I went to turn on my 360 earlier today and while I didn't get the dreaded Red Ring of Death, I did get one red light in the lower right-hand quadrant of the power button. According to the Xbox website, this means that it's some kind of hardware failure.

The thing is, the 360 seems to be working fine otherwise. I just turn it off and then turn it back on and it boots up fine and plays games just dandy. I'm just leery that this first red light is a precursor to the other two showing up and my having to send my 360 in to Microsoft to get repaired.

Oh well. I'll be keeping an eye on it tomorrow and if it gives me a red light again, I'll be on the horn to MS to see what to do. It looks like Luke got his back (woo) so the process can't be THAT painful.

I just hoped that my 360 would be one of the few and the proud that wouldn't die before its time. I guess I should be glad it lasted this long. It's not like I don't have about 5 other systems begging for gameplay if the 360 is out of commission for a few weeks though, esp. now that I have Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP to work through. That'll eat up about 90 hours of gameplay.

No comments: