Saturday, July 21, 2007

You Don't Want To Know How Long It Took Me To Figure Out Diagon Alley...

Garrett & I went over to Main Street in Georgetown tonight for the release party for the last Harry Potter book. It was nuts! Thankfully the store had been able to close down a large chunk of the street and set up stations so that it wasn't nearly the madhouse that it was during the release of The Half-Blood Prince.

Garrett had a blast. I duded him up in a little wizard costume and he spent most of the evening running up and down the street, zapping people with his magic wand. The best part is that he had several compliments on his magic wand, which is just a stick we found at the cottage, bark and all :)
From Harry Potter ...
Here's Garrett being interviewed with Albus Dumbledore (who won the prize for second best costume in my books) by Rita Skeeter from the Daily Prophet (who gets 3rd place).

Who won first place? This kid did.
From Harry Potter ...
It was the only costume I saw that actually ended up suffering from structural failure by the end of the night.

I took a few other pictures of the street to show how packed it was but my camera sucks so they're just blurry blobs. I did get a cool action shot of Garrett the Wizard in action though. Look out, Voldemort!
From Harry Potter ...

No comments: