Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Shrove Tuesday

 
This is why I'm not allowed to cook pancakes in my house. That... thing... on the top of my plate is what I had intended to be a crepe. Unfortunately it turned out more like, well, crap. Julie was actually embarassed to look at it.

It's not burnt though... much. I used chocolate chips in it so it is supposed to have that brown tint to it. Unfortunately the house now smells like burnt chocolate, which isn't as pleasant as you'd think it would be.

Anytime you start yelling at your pancake and calling it the crappiest omelette ever is a bad time indeed. By the midpoint of my cooking experiment I had honestly forgotten that it was a pancake and not some kind of omelette/scrambled egg mess.

At least Garrett enjoyed his little pancakes that I made. Even they looked kind of scary, but at least they were somewhat pancake-shaped. Posted by Picasa

No comments: