Saturday, August 28, 2004

Moving is for Chumps...

Well, Dave & Kate are now moved from their lovely 4-foot tall apartment in Aurora to a much roomier one in Alliston. I was lucky and got to their place in Aurora this morning just as the truckload of really heavy things pulled away and off to Alliston. Woo! I just coordinated the removal of all of the miscelaneous detritis from the house and helped Kate's dad better load their truck. You'd think they'd never moved in their life... I mean, James would have died of shock from the sheer amount of room available for more stuff in the supposedly 'full' truck.

I had the honour of transporting Chumpy, Dave & Kate's cat, in my car from Aurora to Alliston. Dave kept warning me that she'd howl the entire time and drive me crazy. Then I reminded him that I have a 2-month old who was (and hopefully isn't anymore) colicy. The funniest part is that aside from some initial meows when we got moving, Chumpy barely made a peep the rest of the way.

It could have been my incredibly dry Book On CD that I was listening to that knocked her out though. It's a really interesting subject matter (an Everest expedition and lots of history surrounding it) but it has got to be the dullest Book On CD I've ever listened to. I mean, they read the dust jacket, for crying out loud! Sigh.

No comments: