Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Ski P I

Today was the day of our annual CPI (Crisis Prevention & Intervention) recert. Woo. Of all the training we have to take, I do have to say that this is probably the most interesting, though by now I'm getting really bored with the theory. I can practically recite it in my sleep.

Now the fun part is the practical practice bit. Nothing like spending the day choking and 'punching' your colleagues :) I have fun because I don't let go of someone when I have to grab or choke them unless they can really get out themselves. None of this sissy 'I'm pretending to choke you by giving you a massage' choking. I get my hands around their neck and squeeze! (Well, I don't squeeze TOO hard :) So far I've only lost one co-worker!

And if I grab your wrist, you've gotta work to get away. If one of the guys grabbed you, they wouldn't give you the limp-wristed barely-grab.

Anyway, after this fun filled day of death and destruction, I headed over to Glen Eden on the way home. I got a couple hours of skiing in and it was probably one of the nicest days. The snow was just right, the sun was setting and bathing the hill in a rosy glow and there were barely any people on the hill.

Even the boarders were cooperating. I made a game of it which I shall call Snowboarder Slalom. On one hill there were about 8 boarders scattered around the hill, all 'suntanning', as a fellow skiier put it today. I just used them as living gates and made my way down the hill, shuushing betwixt them with nary a how-dee-do.

Which is more than I could say for Sir Falls-A-Lot. This guy (sadly, a skiier) fell getting off the chairlift, fell after he got up and moved out of the path of people on the chairlift, fell at the top of the hill and then must have fallen about another 8 times just on that one run. It was nuts! And to top it off, he just did the Dave Wager Tuck-N-Go, where he sticks his poles under his arms, points his skis downhill and goes at Mach 8.. until he hits an errant snowflake, which results in one of his 8 tumbles.

It was sad, but funny to watch... Even more so to talk about with the other skiiers. Ah... good times.

No comments: